Sunday, October 25, 2009

Local Stylist Follows Her Passion for Perfume



Henrieta Dzurikaninova's path to creating her own line of perfume's sounds a little like a fairy tale. And it was a movie that led her to carrying out her lifelong dream.

Henrieta has her own business called Fabulous Inc. www.fabulousincorporated.com and is a personal shopper, stylist and advisor.

As the Slovak Republic native and current Washingtonian relates the story in her own words, " I always loved fragrances and cosmetics in general from a very young age ( my father always laughs at me that I loved to be pampered since the day I was born ). I have been thinking about launching my own perfume once my business was successful, but it was just a dream.... at the beginning of last June I was working as a stylist on a movie and I visited Bloomingdale's in New York.

As I was walking around I got lost and I ended up at Fragrance section, and I was asked by a woman if I would like to create my perfume. I looked at her so surprised, thinking she could read my mind and said yes, but I have to study first and I'm planning to go to France to take classes.... she said I could create one on the spot and asked what I liked. Without thinking I mentioned various flower scents that are my favorites. They blended what I told them and were blown away, telling me it was wonderful, sexy and different, and that they had never smelled anything like that. When I returned home I started to do the research and 2 months later I decided to order oils and bottles. One morning after a really hard day at work I woke up with this crazy energy and the feeling that I had to mix a perfume. I started to mix the scents, created the packaging and by the evening I had three perfumes!"

The result are three fragrances: Fabulous Inc. has notes of jasmine, Fabulous by Henrieta notes of orange blossom and Fabulous Her notes of orchid. Every perfume is personally mixed by Henrieta and every bottle gets her handmade attention.


All three perfumes are 100% Pure Oils , no alcohol or dilutants added. Bottles don't have pump, so they are environmentally friendly and sell for $50 for 1 oz. They are currently available at Sangaree Boutique, 3288 M Street, NW and Green and Blue Boutique, 1350 Connecticut Avenue, NW with other locations coming soon.


www.BeautyInDC.com your local resource for specials on beauty services as well as the latest information on beauty, health and fitness with a local twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment