Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
"Simple carbs: post workout and first thing in the morning. Complex carbs: through out the day and night, as well as pre-workout."
Huh?!?! Since I'm too stoopid to know the difference between a simple carb and a complex one, I 'Googled' the terms and this is what I found:
Alright, that seems simple (and complex) enough. But I'm still a bit confused. If anybody out there has more buff body nutrition tips, then please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you wanna nominate yourself or someone you know for Buff Body of the Week, then send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
This weeks celeb dopp. is Aidah Fontenot. Coming in strong at 83% is Aidah's number one celeb look- alike, hot hollywood actress Gabrielle Union. Close at number two and three-- are actresses Nia Long and Rosario Dawson.
Let's watch Aidah morph into her number one.
I see the resemblance. Do you?
5 WEBSITES THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Katrina Kugel is is the co-founder of jasmere.com and has spent years scouring the Internet to save pennies wherever she can. Katrina has narrowed the field down for you to the 5 Websites that you must know about.
- Need something to do with the kids all summer long that won’t break the bank? Try www.kidsbowlfree.com There are more than 800 bowling centers across the country that participate in this program which allows kids to bowl for free all summer long. No catch, it’s as simple as registering online for your local participating alley.
- Sample sale websites are now everywhere- many specializing in a particular avenue- either beauty, or home goods, or fashion, but www.jasmere.com offers a little bit of everything. Past deals have included handbags, gourmet cookies, coffees, designer denim, letterpress stationary, jewelry, hammocks and more. Their bottom line: the more people that shop, the LOWER the price goes. When the daily product offer is introduced, consumers have 24 hours to drive the already discounted price even lower, resulting in up to 80% off the suggested retail price of a product. No one is charged until the end of the 24 hour period- so the idea is to get as many people purchasing the product as possible to keep driving the price even lower- the final price is up to the consumer. On average, most products wind up selling for 68% off the retail price.
- Before you shop- anywhere online or at the mall or a major retailer- log on to Dealio.com. Dealio has thousands of discount online coupons, as well as the best shopping deals. You can print out coupons to bring to a store, or take advantage of online coupon codes for when you're shopping from the comfort of your own home. Members share the coupon codes they find as well in the Dealio community
- Want to save hundreds of dollars each month on groceries? Grocery.com is one of the simplest sites we found- you just select the coupons you would like to print, or use the checkboxes at the top to select all the coupons in a certain category- it breaks everything down by food, household, petcare, beverage, and so on.As you select coupons, you’ll see your estimated total savings update in the green bar. When you’re ready to print your grocery coupons, hit the “Print Your Coupons” button and you’re done! Since they’re all manufacturers coupons you can use them just about anywhere.
- Before you book your next vacation, sign up on Yapta.com. It’s free and allows you to track flight prices before you buy- alerting you via email when prices drop and when to buy to save money on airfare.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Meanwhile, her former husband has been reportedly struggling to pay the bills, which has allegedly halted him from throwing a huge wedding with his new love, Vanessa Minillo.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I'm sure a small army of stylists are at work to create each look we see on screen. Most of us don't have the time to analyze and research the specific items that might help us look like our favorite. But we do have a local DC stylist who can help us zero in on some key features of each one and incorporate these tips into our wardrobe and makeup.
Margaret Lilly, who has a consulting and styling service called Lilly's Closet, put together a segment for the local Fox station for each of the movie launches. She recreated the look of each character on local women and is an excellent source of knowing how to channel our inner Sex and the City gal or just help us add some fun and fresh looks to our repertoire.
Here's what Margaret suggests:
Common Denominators—Neutral/nude platform stiletto’s, natural/nude makeup (super fresh!), Hats!
Must Haves: Accordion pleated 70’s blouson dress (vintage), Head Scarf, Nude Platform Stilettos, Short Clover (Charm) Necklace, Aviator Sunglasses
She's all about mixing high with low---and luxe materials with cottons: "t-shirts and taffeta"!!
Hair/Makeup: Nude Lips, Heavy eyes (tons of black eyeliner!), tousled hair and/or BIG up do!
Must Haves: Tribal and/or Graphic Print Jersey Dresses, Eveningwear with Plunging Necklines, White Straw Fedora
Hair/Makeup: Sleek, angular hair and super natural makeup!
Must Haves: 80’s inspired Statement Earrings, “Skin-baring” dresses (preferably spandex), Vintage Gold Belts, Harem Pants
Hair/Makeup: Sleek Hair, Heavy foundation, Pinky Lips
Must Haves: Jewel-toned Suits with ruffle details, Match your bag to your dress color, delicate to no jewelry
Hair/Makeup: Super Natural Make-up, Flowing Long Hair (never pulled back)
For further information about Margaret and the services she offers you can visit her website at www.lillysclosetonline.com.
http://www.beautyindc.com/ is your local resource for information and deals on beauty services in the Washington Metro area.