Friday, August 13, 2010

Kissing toads and a really BIG can



Finding your prince!
Finding a good hairdresser is a lot like dating. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your Prince. And when you're still in the "toad" phase--things can get awkward. There are a caveat of excuses and lies for both dating and hating your hairdresser.



"No it's wonderful, I really like it, it's different" (you hate the cut and color)
"I'll call you." (flat out lie)
"I've just been really busy" (you have absolutely no plans to ever get back in touch or call)
"Thank you so much, I'll see you later" (sayonara sucker I'm never coming back!)


Thankfully I met Tony from Salon TONY in McLean, VA. Tony was kind enough to offer me and a friend of mine his services of a cut, color, and blow-dry. I was so nervous because I thought this is going to go one of two ways. Really good or really bad, and quite frankly--I'm used to the latter. But I finally found my PRINCE! The cut, color and products were amazing. I left that salon feeling like Cinderella. No more kissing toads for me. And the proof is in the pudding. Check it out.


Before--smiling but nervous
My friend Kristin who rolled the di with me
There was quite a lot of hair to work with
Is it going to turn out ok?

BIG thumbs up and BIG thanks to Salon Tony!

MONSTER "BFC" CAN
I am staging an intervention for a friend of mine who drinks 2 of these cans a day. Have YOU seen this can?! Or as I like to call it "heart attack in a bottle"

The Monster Energy B.F.C., one can only assume the acronym beans BIG F****** CAN, which ain't no lie. This can comes in at a whopping 32 ounces and has 108 grams of sugar and 400 calories. I cannot even think of a reason as to why anybody would want to drink this! And HOW does my friend manage to wash down two of these a day? Do you know of anybody who has a bad habit like this? These Monster energy cans are ridiculous! If so,e-mail us at dconheels@gmail.com


Vanessa xoxxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment