Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Turtle and Rabbit's Amazing Race iPad Book App!



As some of you know I work professionally as a Graphic Designer along side my Tulio. Him and I own a Graphic Design company but recently I had the opportunity to put my work aside to do an amazing project.

I used to work with a man named Ali (go fig lol) and he was a talented web architect. We both worked for my Aunt's internet company she had for years before she passed. After the company went down he started his own, and came up with a great idea. Aka "Me.com" for Apple. Yes, Apple. lol He got in contact with me to create a iPad book for children. It was a awesome opportunity I couldn't pass up.

For the past months I have been working night after night drawing and redrawing lol to finally come out with a beautiful & bright piece. As most of you know, I love color! It was only right to add my touch ;D I still can't believe I illustrated the whole book! Today after months of hard work.. the illustrated book was approved by Apple in it's first run! No glitches, no re-do, just straight to the presses.

Today was a huge awesome ending to a experience I will always remember and will take with me. This was fun, challenging, hard, easy, stressful, non-stressful, funny, project. I'm glad that my parents have instilled in me that doing what makes you happy... makes you happy. They have always wanted me to pursue my art and have always supported me in any type of creative hands-on experience I could have. I hope everyone learns to just go for what they want to do.

I was also supported by a crew of awesome people to work with. Debbie the writer is so talented and funny.. so easy to work with and I love her. I couldn't picture anyone writing the book like she did. Jeff "the sound guy" who has worked in the past for Disney and other great companies has finished the book off with an amazing touch! The sounds just bring the book to another level. Armin put together the game with awesome animation and added life to the page. Tulio, for always providing me with support and fixing a text issue we had which saved everyone lol. Our two bosses Ali Mostoufi and Mark Sigal aka http://thenetworkgarden.blogs.com/ provided great knowledge and advice through out the product.

I look forward to showing you the next book which I'm soooo excited for. I can't even tell you. It's gonna be funny, and a cute twist on a old story. Thank you for being with me on this journey. I appreciate all the support. It feels good to know others can be happy for someone doing what they love. So thank you. <3>

Check it out!!


Apple link to Rabbit & Turtle's Amazing Race

Company link to see other app's by Unicorn Labs!


No comments:

Post a Comment