Monday, November 15, 2010

Annual Smash Hits tennis tourney and a massage that will change your life!



About the event:

Tennis legend Billie Jean King and music superstar Sir Elton John are teaming up for their annual charity event -- the 18th annual WTT Smash Hits presented today at the Bender Arena at American University in WashingtonD.C. King and John will each serve as captains. As if their presence wasn't enough-- tennis champs Andre Agassi and his tennis darling wife Stefanie Graf, Anna Kournikova, Martina Navratilova, Eric Butorac, Jan-Michael Gambil, Mark Phillippoussis, Rennae Stubbs, and more will be playing in the World TeamTennis format. Last year the event raised $640,000 for the Elton John AIDA Foundation and AIDS charities serving the Greater Baton Rouge area. Smash hits has raised more than $9 million since 1993.



I've been a tennis player all my life, picking up a racket and competing in my first tournament "The Little Mo" (named after Maureen Connoly Brinker) when I was just 8-years-old. I competed in USTA tennis tournaments all around the country, even winning a State Championship in doubles with my twin sister, and ultimately playing for a Division I college on a full scholarship. I worked diligently, sacrificed, and trained extremely hard to achieve my goals. Tennis has taught me life lessons that I will never forget. I love tennis and owe so much to this gentleman's sport-- although love means nothing to a tennis player ;) 


I cannot believe that some of my idols growing up like Andre Agassi and Martina Navratilova will be here in Washington,  tonight at American University! I met Navratolova once at a tennis tournament in Texas (I was the ball girl), and she was so nice. She even offered for my sister and I to run around the indoor track with her for her warm up workout. So there we were, two 11- year-old girls running around a track with one of the most prolific and legendary players of all time.



And then there's Agassi.


The bulldog. His speed, intensity, determination, and undeniable raw talent made him my favorite male player of all time. I especially rooted for him when he went up against boring and bland Pete Sampras (although unfortunately Pete got the W more times then Agassi in their matches.) I read Agassi's book "Open" front to back in two days. And became an even bigger fan. He opened up (no pun intended) completely in this autobiography, holding nothing back and chronicling his life journeys. If you haven't already read it, and are a curious tennis fan, then I highly suggest this read. You can read my previous blog post about Agassi and his autobiographical book here



FASHION, BEAUTY AND HEALTH: 



OK so if you are looking to relieve your sore muscles, maybe after a long  day of playing tennis, or just from being crunched up at your desk all day, then look no further. I give you what I call "Magic Healing"  Magic Healing is really called Meridian Health and Relaxation and you can find it on M street inside the Georgetown Mall. Come and explore the remarkable power of their services, it will change you! It's quick, easy and affordable. I love going to spas and getting a  good massage, but sometimes I just don't have the time to go through the whole process. That's why Meridian is so good. It's quick, easy and affordable. Meridian services specialize in acupressure and  foot reflexology. 

These two services are ancient Chinese healing methods with more than 4,000 years of history, and are now actively practiced around the world. They are a vital part of preventative care which provides relaxation and rejuvenation for all the aspects of a person as a whole : body, emotions, mind, and spirit.  

Read what other people think about this place. HERE

But see for yourself too! 








I definitely give this place a big thumbs up!

That's all from  DC ON HEELS "Giving you the local hookup to food, fashion and fun in the DC metro area."
   Besos xoxoxo Vanessa















And don't forget to watch us every Monday on TBDTV at 4:30 and 6:30 pm with Morris Jones! 


No comments:

Post a Comment