Saturday, January 22, 2011

DC Wine & Food Festival and Wines w. Funny Names

It's time to break out the bottle opener, guys and gals...
Who's gonna share this bottle of
Little Black Black Dress Wine with me?
Because the 12th Annual International Wine & Food Festival is coming back to DC from February 10-13 at the Ronald Reagan Building.

Event highlights include the two-day Grand Tasting, which is the centerpiece of the event. More than 100 international and domestic wineries will sample some 600 wines. In addition, gourmet food vendors will sample new products, while local chefs team up with wineries to serve up tasty samples of regional cuisines (and something tells me there will be Maryland crabs somewhere in the mix!)

Tickets range from $35 to $140, so it ain't cheap. But the exquisite wine, chocolate and gourmet food samplings from the area's top chefs may just make it a guilty pleasure worth indulging in. 
What's in a name? Apparently, a lot of attitude
You might also get a kick out of browsing some of the wines with funny names that may be on exhibit, including Little Black Dress Wines, Bad Boy Red (photographed below), Pinot Evil, and the infamously named "Bitch" wines (photographed above).
My, oh, my! Now, I'm no sommelier but I tend to be drawn to the 'reds' and 'whites' with fun-loving names (makes me curious), versus the $30,000 bottles of wine coveted by connoisseurs of the culinary kind.

What do you think? Are you in favor of traditional wine names or do you get down with the Two Buck Chuck and other wines with funny names?

Leave me a comment below... and I'll see you in February at the festival!

xoxo,

Markette
Let's Connect!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment