Sunday, January 23, 2011

Would You Rent-A-Friend?


We all need them, want them and hopefully have them in our lives. Yes I'm talking about friends. Who acts like the Joey or Rachel  from your group?  Or the cute, nerdy, loveable  Ross?



So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's DOA. 
It's like you're always stuck in second gear, 
Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year. 

But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour. 
I'll be there for you, like I've been there before. 
I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too. 

Ahhh what a great friend song, it just makes you want to pick up that phone and call your best friend.
But what if you DON'T have a circle of friends to call or to go and hang with at Central Perk over lattes and muffins?


Friends come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. But if neither of that works out for you, then just rent one. Yes that is correct, you read right, you can actually RENT A FRIEND.  I was reading a magazine and came across the surprising article that gave in depth interviews of people who have  used the site. Completely intrigued and borderline shocked, I checked out the Website http://www.rentafriend.com/ 


Here's how it works. You type in your zip code and once you choose the location of where you are looking to find a new "Friend", you will instantly see available Friends that are located in that area. You can view their photos, read their profiles and see what they are interested in for free but you do have to register to become a member of RentAFriend.com by paying a small membership fee. Once you become a registered member, you can instantly contact all of the "Friends" on the site. The site makes sure to say over and over that it is strictly for platonic friendships and with cheesy photos like the one above, it does appear as though its being used for those intended purposes. 

So how much does renting a friend actually cost? Well apparently the standard rate is $10 the hour, but can be negotiated depending on the activity.  So a night at the Opera could  run you a little less hourly, considering the tickets are probably pretty pricy.

I know they say you shouldn't knock anything until you try it, but this is just so strange to me. I would rather just go solo before I have to pay somebody to hang out with me. What do you think? Leave me your comments below. Do you know anybody who has "rented" a buddy before? 


Besos Vanessa  xoxoxoxo



















"Bringing you the best in food, fashion and fun in the metro area."


 Lets Connect!






No comments:

Post a Comment