If you don't like to plan ahead that's ok because there are dozens upon dozens of fashion industry stylists, makeup artists, etc who will do it for you. They usually stay a few seasons ahead so when fall fashions for 2011 were being shown months ago we were also getting a glimpse into the future regarding makeup.
Based on those looks here are 5 hot makeup trends for Fall 2011:
1) Deep Red Lipstick-- Red lips seem to always be "in" but this is a very bold, deep red that is more of a burgundy or wine shade. When wearing a lipstick this dramatic it's best to keep the rest of your makeup palette simple.
Suggested product: Bite Beauty, Luminous Creme Lipstick in Zivoli.
$24 at Sephora www.spehora.com.
2) Dramatic Eyelashes--Eyelashes and eyebrows take center stage this fall so those months of using Latisse will pay off! Add more volume and length with many coats of mascara. Suggested product: Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara which was created by a Japanese TV personality and has a patented brush. $24 available at Amazon www.amazon.com.
3) Highlighted Cheekbones--Think glowing and luminous as opposed to frosty. A warm and peachy shade should make you look like you're lit by candlelight. Suggested product: It's hard to find a shade as universally flattering and popular as Nars' Orgasm so why fight it. Besides the best-selling blush they also make their Nars Illuminator liquid highlighter that comes in the same peachy pink shimmer. $29 available at Nordstrom www.nordstrom.com.
4) Smoky Metallic Eyes--It's a different take on the smoky eye look that has been in style for a while now. You can achieve it with a metallic shadow or liner and then making the other a smokier shade. Suggested product: Benefit's Eye Gotta fall includes smoky eyeshadow and a shimmering eyeliner in it's palette of three shadows and 2 creamy eyeliners. $36 exclusively at Sephora www.sephora.com.
5) Strong Eyebrows--Not quite the Brooke Shields look from the 80's but definitely more bold than brows have been in a while. You can either go to a pro to have your brows tinted and shaped or use one of the many brow powders/tools on the market in a shade deeper than your natural brows to fill them in. Suggested product: Smashbox Brow Tech to Go is a multi-tasker since it both fills in and tames brows. And it's waterproof which will help it stay in place. $26 available at Nordstrom www.nordstrom.com.
http://www.beautyindc.com/ is your local resource for information and deals on beauty services in the Washington Metro area.